TheRpattzRobertPattinson.blogspot.fr | The RPattz Club
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

The RPattz Club, Forum du site Therpattzrobertpattinson.blogspot.fr

Accueilhttp://therpattzrobertpattinson.blogspot.fr/Dernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Xiaomi Poco M6 Pro (8 Go / 256 Go) Noir
159.99 € 199.99 €
Voir le deal

[Revue de presse] Interview de Chris Weitz par fansite fridays

2 participants
AuteurMessage
ptiteaurel
Administratrice
Administratrice
ptiteaurel

[Revue de presse] Interview de Chris Weitz par fansite fridays Empty
MessageSujet: [Revue de presse] Interview de Chris Weitz par fansite fridays   [Revue de presse] Interview de Chris Weitz par fansite fridays Icon_minitime1Ven 4 Sep - 13:56

Chris Weitz Interview- part 1

New Moon Fansites Set Visit: His Golden Eyes,Twilighters Anonymous,Twilight Lexicon,Twilight Moms,Twilight Source/Imprint,Twilight Series Theories

Transcript by Kara of Twilight Moms, Matt of Twilight Source/Imprint, Laura of Twilight Lexicon

Chris: Where Bella meets Laurent in the meadow, it was a two day scene and in between the two days it snowed and so we arrived in the morning at 6:00 and it was snowing, about 4 inches of snow. So, we had to scramble to shift our schedule around. Do all kinds of stuff.

Q: How do you deal with lighting continuity when you are dealing with such drastic weather situations?

Chris: Well of course what we hope for in all cases is gray weather. We’re in this weird position of wanting bad weather. We want light rain or gray at all times. We don’t always get it, so when we don’t, we use gigantic scrims hanging from big condors to block off as much as we can. But then there’s this continual torture to Javier our DP (director of photography) because you can sort of shade off an area where actors are acting but in the background we bright—shafts of light coming through—and of course there’s vampire weather as well. Sometimes we can get away with a sunny day in Forks, but never on a day when Edward is around because we don’t want to give away the diamond stuff. So, it really, you know I’ll be so happy when we get to a stage in about a week and we can stop worrying about the weather.”

Q: So, you’re moving to an interior set?

Chris: We’ll be moving to the interiors in a week from today. So there‘s just only one more week to freak out about the weather a bit. We’ve been knocked around a bit. There’s like a Twilight weather curse, slightly. You end up not getting the weather you want on a given day. It will be sun on the day you want rain and then the one day you want sun…

Q: So is all this [indicating the Bella’s house set] going to stay up though?

Chris: You know it’s funny I’ve been knocking it around in my head what the best thing to do would be. I would imagine what they are going to do is to disassemble it. Because I mean you know it looks great, but it’s not really up to code. I’m not sure that it would withstand a BC winter and everything. I think probably what they’ll do is take it apart and put it into storage and build it back up again while still I imagine maintaining a rent on this land would be my best guess.

Q: So we can see that people can actually go in the house?

Chris: Yeah well the interesting thing is in certain angles it is perfectly dressed. But if you were to look at other angles you could see that it is just an empty core. So that when Jacob jumps in the window, which he is going to do eventually, then we have enough to be inside the window to have Bella step back as he comes in, but you wouldn’t see the other way around into the window- then we flip to the interior- but hopefully when it all comes to the movie and editing it will all be seamless in the way it comes together. You’ll never notice that kind of stuff so its a smooth cut.

Q: Was it intimidating coming into a fandom with such intense fans?

Chris: Yeah- I mean on the one hand it is, but on the other hand I really feel like everyone wants the movie to be good and everyone has been very encouraging and supportive there haven’t been… things have felt very positive toward me- of course I have been avoiding the internet because I don’t want to get to caught up-

My responsibility is to the readership, and my responsibility is not to the internet-no matter what you guys are doing- I’m addressing the same people you are but I don’t want to get caught up in any controversy that’s going on online or whatever people have to say about me when I was selected- I did that on Golden Compass once- and there was a vote as to who they would rather have as director and “other” beat me- I didn’t want to be in that situation

Q: I think it was great when the press release went out about how committed you were to the film that all of that really died down right around then.

Chris: Well that’s good- I think that its great to have this kind of inbuilt audience of fans, and I feel that they are extraordinarily supportive. They really want things to be good, and the cast wants this to be good- kind of the same kind of commitment to getting the books right…and that’s how I feel.

Q: Which is so greatly appreciated.

Chris: That’s good. It’s great that there was a first movie that was so successful, but to me the book is the Bible for it. And so when I read the book, I read it at a gallop so that I had a similar experience to when people first reading it did. I didn’t want to chop it into pieces immediately. I wanted to just read it in one go- then I kind of went back in you always have to select what your moments are going to be- it’s a 600 page book- eventually you are going to disappoint people- but I think if you do it from the attitude that my loyalty has to be to the readership, and what they experienced more so than even to the fans of the first movie. Although, there has to be some consistency from the first movie to the second movie. It’s really about the readers.

Q: What did you do to make the tone darker? – Have you done anything specific to make it darker as a film?

Chris: Yeah, I think it’s just not to be afraid of the tonalities of the acting and in the tone of the piece. Not, because obviously with a big studio film and a lot of money at stake, you know one can be afraid that if you don’t have people smiling and laughing all the time that you’re gonna be in big trouble. But I think that part of the appeal of this is that it really digs into that melancholy that people experience when they are broken up with: when they lose somebody, when they yearn for somebody, and just not to be afraid of that.

And in terms of the palette of how the world is represented, just to get technical, but for example the blacks are very crunchy there will be very deep shadows, very deep blacks, and literally and metaphorically it makes the colors stand out more.

There will be a period during the movie when things are quite dark and somber, but then there will be kind of this explosion of color when you get to Italy. And there is this kind of ecstatic – and there’s this kind of happiness before and then it loses it all…. and it’s sort of try in every way even in terms of design in different sets and stuff to make sure that each bit, each detail, is a metaphor for where the character is in the book, and you follow Bella’s journey.

It’s also not taking the focus off of Bella’s POV. The book is narrated through Bella. We have to have this very fine balance between having too much and too little Edward. If you have too much Edward, it will be a terrible thing because you want the audience to experience that longing as well, and if you have too little Edward…I’ll be hunted down and killed. It’s just a fine balance that has to be hit basically.

Q: Have you talked to Stephenie Meyer- has she given you any tips?

Chris: Oh yeah we speak all the time. We email back and forth all the time. She’s been to visit the set, and I went down to Arizona to hang out with her. Yeah I’m running stuff past her constantly so that the mythology of the series isn’t violated. I don’t want to pull any fast ones or make any mistakes in terms of things that I present which don’t make sense in her universe. You would have to ask her, I don’t want to make any claims, you’d have to ask her to the degree to which she is satisfied. At least she says to me that she feels the film is very beautiful, and that’s not a credit to me that’s more Javier Aguirresarobe the DP who does absolutely beautiful work. And the idea is to try to make as elegant and beautiful a rendering of the book as possible.

Q: Is that hard as a creative person to take your own vision of the film and match it up with her vision of the film- or her vision of the book?

Chris: In a sense it’s easier because you aren’t working with a totally blank canvas you know I’ve got sort of these tools to work with and I inherited this wonderful cast, and that’s great, and I’m very happy working in the genre of literary adaptation, which is how I see this really. And I don’t really believe in the austere theory where the director creates everything, and I don’t think that’s accurate. You’ll see just from hanging around here, that there are 100 people working here, and each one of them has good ideas. And there’s a director of photography who understands light better than I do. There are cameramen who understand focus better than I do and all these things I’m sort of a glorified traffic cop….

Q: I was going to say conductor-

Chris: Conductor is always the nice sounding…way…and I’m coordinating all of their efforts. So no it doesn’t bother me at all. I actually really enjoy it. I have a standard to stick to that’s already there. Whereas if I write something just on my own, I never really believe my own creations. They sound like made up characters to me. Whereas Bella, Edward and Jacob are already there and we just try to get those things right with the actors. So I don’t have a problem with that at all.

Q: How is the transition from your version to Catherine Hardwicke’s film? Sometimes when directors change there is a big change. You can tell from the style. What kind of style do you bring to this film?

Chris: I think the biggest change would be that I am a bit of an old fogy. I’m old-fashioned and I think Catherine is very “fashion forward” and conscious of a pop sensibility. I am more tied to the old-fashioned romantic films. So that would be, if you were a film nerd, you would notice the palate of the film, the camera work. I am a lot less likely to use hand-held cameras than Catherine Hardwicke is. Things like that, they are more stylistic differences than my kind of “taking it and throwing it away.”
Obviously I owe her a lot, because she cast this great cast [so] I kind of inherited this cool “toolbox” and this extraordinary fan base.

Q: Was there anything from the first film that you felt you had to change?

Chris: No, I don’t. I think the key things that worked with the first movie are the relationships and the feelings of the main characters are the [same] things will work about this. Everything else is just bells and whistles. I mean, there are a lot more special effects in this film so the fact that I had a lot of experience in that area kind of helps. But it shouldn’t feel so different. It shouldn’t suddenly as though you are in an action movie or a visual effects movie. It is wrong if it feels that way. It is only right if the visual effects convey the feeling that is in the books in the first place. The world of the book expands naturally, like with the Volturi. Obviously, they weren’t in the first movie at all but that has been an organic development.

Q: Do you have a favorite scene that you are anxious to see?

Chris: I am excited about scenes with Taylor and Kristen. I am excited about the final showdown with Taylor, Kristen and Rob because I feel that the chemistry is just fantastic. Their relationships are just fantastic. They work the way they are supposed to. That you can understand exactly what they are supposed to. You can understand exactly why Bella would be tempted to, I guess, “settle” would be a better word for Jacob, or to take that option that there really is a love triangle. That is really getting established there. That feels really good. We shot a lot of that stuff already. We haven’t shot the Volturi stuff yet, but I think it will be pretty extraordinary. I have seen the set taking shape and it is just amazing.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
ptiteaurel
Administratrice
Administratrice
ptiteaurel

MessageSujet: Re: [Revue de presse] Interview de Chris Weitz par fansite fridays   [Revue de presse] Interview de Chris Weitz par fansite fridays Icon_minitime1Ven 4 Sep - 18:38

Et c'est la partie 1!!!!!! [Revue de presse] Interview de Chris Weitz par fansite fridays 758490
ptiteaurel
Administratrice
Administratrice
ptiteaurel

MessageSujet: Re: [Revue de presse] Interview de Chris Weitz par fansite fridays   [Revue de presse] Interview de Chris Weitz par fansite fridays Icon_minitime1Ven 4 Sep - 19:40

Chris Weitz Interview- part 1

New Moon Fansites Set Visit: His Golden Eyes,Twilighters Anonymous,Twilight Lexicon,Twilight Moms,Twilight Source/Imprint,Twilight Series Theories

Transcription par Kara of Twilight Moms, Matt of Twilight Source/Imprint, Laura of Twilight Lexicon

Chris: Là où Bella rencontre Laurent dans la prairie, ce fut une scène de deux jours et entre les 2 jours il a neigé et donc quand on est arrivé à 6:00 et qu'il neigeait , il y avait 7 cm de neige. Donc on a dû revoir notre planning.

Q: Comment gérez vous la continuité de la lumière avec de telles conditions climatiques?

Chris: Et bien on espère qu'au moins le temps sera gris. On est dans cette position étrange où on veut du mauvais temps. On veut qu'il y ait une légère pluie et que ce soit gris tout le temps. On n'y arrive pas toujours donc quand on n'y parvient pas , on utilise des écrans pour assombrir l'horizon. Mais c'est une torture continuelle pour Javier notre DP (directeur de la photographie) car on peut assombrir une zone où sont les acteurs mais dans le fond on illumine —comme si la lumière arriverait d'un coup—et bien sûr il y a le temps des vampires . Parfois on peut s'en sortir avec une journée ensoleillée à Forks, mais jamais quand Edward est là car on ne peut dévoiler la brillance . Donc je serais heureux le jour où on arrivera sur le plateau et qu'on aura pas à ses soucier du temps.”

Q: Donc vous vous mettez à l'intérieur?

Chris: Ce sera dans une semaine. Donc plus qu'une semaine à flipper pour le temps. On est maudit. On finit par avoir le temps qu'on veut un jour. Il fera du soleil quand vous voulez de la pluie et vice versa. n…

Q: Est ce que ça [indiquant la maison de Bella] va rester ?

Chris: Vous savez c'est marrant je me suis demandé ce que serait le mieux. On imagine qu'ils vont la dé-assembler . Car elle est magnifique mais pas très réglementaire . Je ne sais pas si je supporterais encore un hiver en British Columbia et tout le reste . Je pense qu'ils vont la mettre en morceaux pour la stocker et la reconstruire ensuite tout en louant le terrain.

Q: Donc les gens peuvent aller dans cette maison?

Chris: Ce qui est intéressant c'est que sous certains angles, elle est parfaitement meublée . Mais si vous regardez bien , elle est vide . Donc quand Jacob sautera par la fenêtre , ce qu'il finira par faire , il y a assez de place pour voir Bella se reculer , mais vous ne verrez pas l'autre côté de la fenêtre- puis on passe à l'intérieur – mais on montage on n'y verra que du feu. Vous ne verrez jamais ces raccords.

Q: Etait si intimidant de voir tant de fans ?

Chris: Oui – D'un côté , mais d'un autre côté j'ai l'impression que tout le monde veut que le film soit bon et tout le monde m'a encouragé et soutenu… les choses sont positives pour moi – bien sûr j'ai évité internet car je ne veux pas me faire avoir-

J'ai une responsabilité face au lectorat , pas vis à vis d'internet-peu importe ce que vous faites – Je m'adresse au mêmes personnes que vous et je ne veux pas être sujet à controverse en ligne ou je ne veux pas savoir ce que les gens disent – Je l'ai fait pour le Golden Compass et il y avait un vote “Qui aimeriez vous voulu voir réaliser ce film “ ou d'autres choses. Je ne voulais pas me retrouver dans cette situation

Q: Je pense qu'il soit bien que la presse ait publié votre engagement pour cette saga et ça a apaisé les choses

Chris: C'est bien Je pense que c'est super d'avoir tous ces fans , et je trouve qu'il me soutiennent tant. Ils veulent vraiment que les choses soient bien faites et les acteurs veulent être fidèles aux livres…et moi aussi.

Q: Ce qui est grandement apprécié

Chris: C'est bien. C'est super que le 1er film soit un succès ,mais ma bible c'est le livre . Et donc quand j'ai lu le livre , je l'ai lu très vite pour ressentir ce que les gens ont ressenti .Je ne voulais pas tout détailler. Je voulais juste le lire d'un trait – et ensuite j'y suis revenu car vous devez chercher les meilleurs moments- c'est un livre de 60 pages – vous finirez toujours pas décevoir quelqu'un – mais il faut être fidèle au lectorat et à ce que les gens ont éprouvé avec le 1er film . Même s'il y a une consistance entre le 1er et le 2ème film . Ceux sont les lecteurs qui priment.

Q: Qu'avez vous fait pour que le ton soit plus sombre ? – Avez vous fait des choses spécifiques?

Chris: Oui je ne pense pas avoir peur des tonalités du jeu d'acteur. Car même avec un gros studio et beaucoup d'argent en jeu ,on peut avoir peur que les gens ne rient pas tout le temps et vous allez avoir des soucis . Mais ici on se penche sur la mélancolie des gens , qu'ils ressentent lors d'une rupture: quand ils perdent quelqu'un , quand ils attendent quelqu'un , et je n'ai pas peur de ça.

Et en terme de palette représentant le monde , pour être technique , mais par exemple les noirs seront plus présents, les ombres seront plus profondes , le noir très noir et donc les couleurs ressortiront encore plus
Il y aura un moment dans le film où les choses sont assez sombres , mais il y aura cette explosion de couleur en Italie . Et il y a cette excitation – et ce bonheur avant de tout perdre …. et ça se coit aussi sur les différents plateaux pour faire en sorte que chaque détail soit une métaphore et qu'on suive le périple de Bella.

Il ne faut pas perdre de vue que c'est le point de vue de Bella . Il faut cet équilibre entre trop peu et trop d' Edward. S'il y a trop d' h Edward, ce sera terrible car le public doit ressentir cette attente et s'il y a peu d' Edward…je serais chassé et tué . Il faut trouver le bon équilibre.

Q: Avez vous discuté avec Stephenie Meyer- vous a t elle donné des conseils?

Chris: Oh oui on a parlé tout le temps . On s'envoyait des emails. Elle est venue sur le plateau , et je suis allée en Arizona pour sortir avec elle . Oui je la consultais afin que le mythe de la saga ne soit pas bafouée. Je ne voulais pas aller trop vite ou faire des erreurs qui ne fassent pas sens dans son monde . Il faudra lui demander , Il faudra lui demander à quelle point elle est satisfaite . Au moins elle m'a dit que le film est beau, et c'est plus grâce à Javier Aguirresarobe qui fait un travail magnifique. Et l'idée c'est de faire un film élégant et aussi beau que possible.

Q: Est ce difficile d'accorder votre vision du film à la sienne- ou sa vision du livre?

Chris: C'est plus facile car vous ne partez pas de zéro , j'avais ces outils et j'ai hérité de ces merveilleux acteurs , et je suis ravi de travailler sur ces adaptations littéraires . ET je ne crois pas en l'austère théorie du réalisateur qui crée tout , et je ne pense pas que ce soit vrai . Vous verrez en vous baladant ici , qu'il y a des centaines de personnes qui travaillent, et chacun d'entre eux a une bonne idée . ET il y a le directeur de la photographie qui s'y connait mieux que moi en lumière. Il y a des caméramen qui s'y connaissent mieux que moi en plans …. et on me glorifie en tant que flic de la circulation

Q: j'allais dire chef d'orchestre-

Chris: Oui ça sonne bien…et je coordonne tous les efforts .Donc non ce terme me va bien . En fait je l'aime bien . Je me tient à mes standards . Si j'écris quelque chose moi même , je n'y crois pas . Ca fait personnages créés de toutes pièces. Alors que Bella, Edward et Jacob sont déjà là et on essaie de faire les choses bien avec les acteurs . Donc je n'ai aucun problème avec ce terme

Q: Comment est la transition entre le film de Catherine Hardwicke et le votre ? Parfois il y a de gros changements. On le voit au style. Quel style avez vous apporté ?

Chris:Le plus gros changement, je crois que je sui vieux jeu . Je suis démodé et Catherine est à la mode ” et consciente de la sensibilité populaire . Je suis plus pour les vieux films romantiques .Donc si vous êtes cinéphiles vous le verrez dans le travail de la camera . Je n'utilise pas les caméras manuelles comme Catherine Hardwicke . Donc il y aura des différences stylistiques
A l'évidence, je lui dois beaucoup ,car elle a choisi de super acteurs j'ai hérité de ces précieux “outils” et ces fans extraordinaires.

Q: Avez vous ressenti le besoin de changer quelque chose par rapport au 1er film ?

Chris: Non . Je pense que ce qui a marché pour le 1er film c'est les relations et les sentiments des personnages principaux et ce sera la même chose pour New Moon . Tout le reste c'est du pipeau . Il y a plus d'effets spéciaux dans ce film donc comme j'avais beaucoup d'expérience dans ce domaine m'a aidé .Mais ça ne sera pas différent. Il ne faut pas que vous vous croyez dans un film d'action ou d'effets spéciaux . Ce serait une erreur. Les effets spéciaux ne font que véhiculer les sentiments exprimés dans les livre . Le monde du livre s'étend naturellement , comme avec les Volturi. Ils n'étaient pas dans le 1er film mais cela fait partie du développement.

Q: Avez vous une scène préférée que vous êtes anxieux de tourner?

Chris: Je suis excité par les scènes entre Taylor et Kristen. Ila fin aussi avec Taylor, Kristen et Rob car je sens que l'alchimie est extraordinaire . Leurs relations sont fantastiques . Ils font bien leur boulots. Vous comprenez exactement les choses . Vous comprenez pourquoi Bella pourrait être tentée par Jacob, ou envisager cette possibilité du triangle amoureux . Il s'établit bien là . C'est bien .On a déjà filmé pas mal de ces choses . On n'a pas encore tourné avec les Volturi mais je pense que ça va être extraordinaire. J'ai vu le plateau prendre forme et c'est surprenant
admin
Administratrice
Administratrice

MessageSujet: Re: [Revue de presse] Interview de Chris Weitz par fansite fridays   [Revue de presse] Interview de Chris Weitz par fansite fridays Icon_minitime1Lun 7 Sep - 19:37

une interview intéressante. [Revue de presse] Interview de Chris Weitz par fansite fridays 737819 ptiteaurel
http://www.rpattzrobertpattinson.com
ptiteaurel
Administratrice
Administratrice
ptiteaurel

MessageSujet: Re: [Revue de presse] Interview de Chris Weitz par fansite fridays   [Revue de presse] Interview de Chris Weitz par fansite fridays Icon_minitime1Lun 7 Sep - 19:41

Ce n'est que la partie 1 vendredi prochain arrive la suite [Revue de presse] Interview de Chris Weitz par fansite fridays 434437
ptiteaurel
Administratrice
Administratrice
ptiteaurel

MessageSujet: Re: [Revue de presse] Interview de Chris Weitz par fansite fridays   [Revue de presse] Interview de Chris Weitz par fansite fridays Icon_minitime1Ven 11 Sep - 13:48

Et voici la 2ème partie [Revue de presse] Interview de Chris Weitz par fansite fridays 783887 [Revue de presse] Interview de Chris Weitz par fansite fridays 758490 [Revue de presse] Interview de Chris Weitz par fansite fridays 565945

Chris Weitz: Fansite Friday Interview Part II

This is our final Fansite Friday. we’re sure that you won’t be disappointed in the rest of what Chris Wietz had to say. All totaled it was an unheard of 25 minutes of interview on set that was filming. We’d again like to thank our set visit buddies. In many fandoms, site don’t get along. This isn’t the case here. Shout out to Twilighters Anonymous, His Golden Eyes, Twilight Moms, Twilight Series Theories, Twilight Source/ Imprint!

Q: I’m wondering since you’re so good with CGI, and it’s your forte, how’s the design for the werewolves coming?

Chris: I think it’s going to be good. We’re taking Stephenie’s lead really they’re supposed to be wolves the size of horses. The temptation…we’ve avoided any temptation to kind of go Lon Chaney with it, or to make it kind of humanoid. The werewolves are very much creatures of nature.

Phil Tippet is doing the …it’s not me, I’m not the one who’s good at doing CGI I just happened to have lucked into working with people who are very good at it. So, I just know a good thing when I see it, and Phil Tippet who is a multi-Oscared guy (ILM) worked on Stars Wars and all that stuff is doing the wolves, and they’re going to be great. They’re going to be fantastic.

So and at the same time they are going to fit that world that’s already there. You can’t suddenly hop out of reality. Somehow what Stephenie manages to do is to mix the emotions that everybody feels at some point in their lives with these kinds of supernatural things: vampires and werewolves and stuff. It would be wrong if you suddenly saw a werewolf in a different kind of movie. They have to be carefully integrated. If there’s one thing I’m good at with CG is that I don’t like it to jump to the foreground too much. I like it to settle in like any other aspect.

Q: So it looks natural?

Chris: Yeah, Yeah.

Q: How is this compared to The Golden Compass just as a development process?

Chris: It’s been an easier process. Let me see how am I going to put this? I found a lot less interference from Summit in terms of…and a lot more understanding the books than A-Line had of Golden Compass. So I think there’s a studio that understands the importance of the books…the studio…the members of which who have read the books and appreciate them and do not just see them as engines of possible profit. So that makes a tremendous difference. It really does.

There were a lot of parts in Twilight that were a homage to the cover and Stephenie had a cameo. Are there any plans to put your spin on that I this movie at all?

Well I know that Stephenie did not like the tulip on the cover. So we won’t seeing that. Let me see, I don’t know that there are any trick cameos per say, but every time I make a movie I definitely want there to be 20-30 moments where if you had a DVD and stopped it and really looked carefully to see what was going on…whether it be kind of strange bits of foreshadowing, sort of as though you could see into the future in certain scenes or whether it would just be little moments that passed by unnoticed, or details of the architecture of things. I love doing that sort of stuff.

Q: It sounds like it’s going to be very multilayered and well done.

Chris: Yeah I think I mean nothing in a bad way like placement advertising (Bella prefers Pepsi…drink Coke).

Part of my job in preproduction assembling the team to make the movie is to try to find the right people to make the movie that everyone cares about the details intentionally. So it is going to be incredibly layered intentionally.

And when for instance, all the kids who were all First Nations…they call them First Nations here, what you’d call Native Americans in America, went and saw Jacob’s house which you only saw for like 10 seconds I the movie…like just walking them through the house for the first time was a great experience because it…they’re like, “Wow, this feels just like the house I grew up in on the reservation.” And it wasn’t the reservation like what one imagines in a clichéd kind of way. It was just the fact that in La Push people have lots and lots of picture of their family up on the wall and little bits of carving, or this or that whatever it may be.

All these details were very carefully researched, that our production team went down to La Push and you know met people there. There are fun little details. A girl from La Push gave a member of our production team her first drum. You’re supposed to give away your first drum . It was really great. And so we put it in the movie. It’s there in the movie she’ll see it. Little things like that where it might be just a little reference from us to one person. These little things accrue and mean something.

Q:What has been your biggest challenge?

Chris It’s a challenge to make a movie anyway, especially one that’s coming out in November. Probably the biggest challenge will be getting it out on time and making sure that every little detail at least in my mind is right. I’m rather obsessive and I tend to be a worry-wart about things. You know going into it that there’s going to be a lot of interest, that people are going to see it. For me that’s not enough, like I really want to deliver on everything that I’ve promised. So that’s the really tough thing, making sure that you don’t just go do your job and go home. Every second is an opportunity either exploited or wasted to get something right basically.

Q: Do you have a composer in store for us?

Chris: Alexandre Desplatis going to be the composer who is extraordinary. He did the score for Benjamin Button, Golden Compass. He worked for Syriana. He is an extraordinary talent in general but especially for something that has a kind of romantic swoop to it. He has this kind of comprehensive familiarity for romantic music but can also work in multiple sizes of orchestra, multiple genres. He can work with synthesizers, work with ethnic percussion ensembles. He can work with symphonies. I know that he is going to do something beautiful. I also know that sometimes when we are shooting something that I am going to be leaving room for his music. And that’s going to be this other layer that is going to bring so much to it.

Q: Have you made any progress on the soundtrack yet. Any bands that you are looking at or have you thought about any particular songs or a tone that you are going for?

Chris: Of course a lot of the tone of the movie is melancholy, and so it’s kind of an opportunity to do the breakup album of all time. (laughs) And yeah there’s a bit room for songs that correspond more to Jacob and to his sunny quality his goodness. To be honest, no. I haven’t yet figured out who is going to be on the soundtrack yet. We are in a really nice position because Alexandra Patsavas, who was the music supervisor on the first movie, is coming back. We’re in a really great position of that album of having done so well that bands are now terribly interested.

Q: Do you have a preference underground bands or mainstream, do you have a preference as far as that?

Chris: Umm I really don’t have any particular preference. I would like it to be a mix basically. It’s whatever is right for the tone as long as it fits.

Q: Have you seen any costume designs for the Volturi. How is it different from the books.

Chris: It fits with the books.

Q: The Black cloaks?

Chris: Yes the black cloaks are all there. The degrees of blackness are very carefully kind of rationed out.

Q: The sets for the Volturi’s lair?

Chris: I think the set for the Volturi’s lair is going to be really interesting for the fans. It’s going to be really fun. It’s first of all one of the biggest sets I’ve ever seen. It’s one of the grandest that I’ve ever seen. It’s what it deserves. (Well they are the Volturi) They’re a big deal. (They don’t go small) No, they don’t go small. (laughs)I think it’s first of all just shooting Volterra itself obviously you have to get that right the race to the square and all that but when we get inside it’s going to be fairly extraordinary. I’m very happy with it.

Q: Are you filming the interiors here in Vancouver?

Chris: Were filming the interiors here. Yeah we’re building the interiors because we get to make up that interior and control it ourselves. The exteriors belong in Italy.

Q: How the chase seen looking, is it any longer, and changes?

Chris: Not really. No I think we are going to try to deliver down to the yellow Porsche to get the details right.
ptiteaurel
Administratrice
Administratrice
ptiteaurel

MessageSujet: Re: [Revue de presse] Interview de Chris Weitz par fansite fridays   [Revue de presse] Interview de Chris Weitz par fansite fridays Icon_minitime1Ven 11 Sep - 19:31

TRADUCTION

Chris Weitz: Fansite Friday Interview Partie II

Voici notre dernier Fansite Friday (eh bien tant mieux LOL) . On est sûr que vous ne serez pas déçu par le reste de l'ITW de Chris Wietz.. On aimerait remercier les gens sur le plateau . Les sites de fans ne s'entendent pas toujours autant . Ce n'est pas le cas ici . Vive Twilighters Anonymous, His Golden Eyes, Twilight Moms, Twilight Series Theories, Twilight Source/ Imprint!

Q: Je me demandais , puisque vous maitrisez les images de Synthèses , parlez nous des loups?

Chris: Je pense que ça va être bien On suit ce qu'a dit Stephenie car ils sont censés avoir la taille de chevaux . La tentation …on évité de tenter Lon Chaney avec ça ,ou de les rendre humanoides. . Les loups sont des créatures de la nature.

Phil Tippet fait …ce n'est pas moi ,je ne suis pas doué en images de synthèses J'ai de la chance de travailler avec des gens qui s'y connaissent. Donc je reconnais quand une chose est bonne, et Phil Tippet a eu de nombreux oscars , il a travaillé sur Stars Wars et ce qu'il fait avec les loups , ils vont être géniaux . Ils vont être fantastiques.

Et ils vont s'intégrer au monde dans lequel ils vivent. On ne peut pas sortir de la réalité . Ce que Stephenie a réussi à faire c'est mélanger les émotions et les éléments surnaturels :les vampires et les loups. Ce serait mauvais de voir un loup dans un autre type de film . Ils doivent être intégrés . Avec les effets spéciaux , je n'aime pas saute dans le fond . J'aime installer les choses.

Q: Donc ça semble naturel?

Chris: Oui , oui .

Q: Comment est comparé à The Golden Compass

Chris:C'est plus simple . Comment dire ça ? Il y a eu moins d'interférences avec Summit en terme de …et ils ont compris le livre pas comme A-Line avec le Golden Compass. Donc le studio comprend l'importance du livre …le studio…les membres ont lu le livre et l'aime et je ne vois pas comme une machine à profit . Donc ça fait une sacré différence.

Avez vous l'intention de mettre le caméo dans le film ?

Je sais que Stephenie n'aime pas la tulipe sur la couverture . Donc on ne le verra pas . Attendez je ne sais pas s'il y en aura un mais j'aime quand les gens achétent le DVD qu'ils puissent chercher ce qu'ils n'ont pas vu au 1er coup d'oeil…j'adore faire ça.

Q: On dirait qu'il y plusieurs couches .

Chris: Oui mais je ne veux pas que ce soit des mauvaises choses (Bella prefère le Pepsi…buvez du Coca).

Mon job consiste à faire le meilleur film possible et j'ai des gens qui sont en charge pour que tous les détails soient parfait. Donc oui les différentes couches sont intentionnelles.

Par exemple, les gamins qu'on nomme les First Nations…ils se nomment les First Nations ici , c'est ce qu'on appelle les indiens en Amérique, on est allé voir la maison de Jacob qu'on voit 10 secondes dans le film …c'est comme entrer dans une maison pour la 1ère fois …vous dites , “Waouh, c'est comme la maison dans laquelle j'ai grandi à la réserve ” Et on n'a pas le cliché de la réserve . C'est juste le fait qu'à La Push ont beaucoup de photos de famille sur leurs murs et quelques sculptures.

Tous ces détails sont le fruits de recherches de la production à La Push et on a rencontré les gens là bas . Il y a des petits détails comiques. Une fille de La Push a donné à la production son 1er tambour .Vous êtes censé le donner . C'était génial .Et on l'a mis dans le film . C'est ce qui fait toute le différence, ces petits détails, qui ont un sens.

Q:Quel est votre plus gros défi?

Chris faire un film qui sort en novembre . Donc c'est le finir à temps et faire en sorte que chaque détail soit là . Je suis assez obsédé . Vous savez que les gens vont voir le film . Pour moi ce n'est pas assez , je voulais délivrer quelque chose . Donc ça c'est dur , ce n'est pas juste faire votre boulot et revenir à la maison. Chaque secondes doit être exploitée ou perdue.

Q: Avez vous un compositeur?

Chris: Alexandre Desplat qui est extraordinaire. . Il a fait la BO Benjamin Button, Golden Compass. Il a travaillé sur Syriana. Il a un talent extraordinaire surtout pour quelque chose de romantique. Il est très familier avec ce genre de musique mais il peut aussi travailler avec divers orchestres ou avec des synthé, ou des percussions ou des symphonies. Je sais que ce qu'il fera sera beau . Je sais aussi que quand on tourne je laisse de la place pour la musique . ET cer a une autre couche qu'il apportera .

Q: Avez vous progressé pour la BO. Des groupes en têtes ou un ton en particulier ?

Chris: Bien sûr que le ton principal est la mélancolie , donc j'ai de la chance de faire l'album du siècle. (rires) ET il y a la place pour des chansons pour Jacob et ses qualités solaires et sa bonté Pour être honnête je ne sais pas qui sera sur la BO. On est en bonne position car Alexandra Patsavas, qui était le superviseur musical du 1er film , revient. On est dans une excellent position pour cet album car maintenant les groupes veulent y participer .

Q: Préférez vous des inconnus ou des têtes d'affiches?

Chris: euh je n'ai pas de préférence .J'aimerais que ce soit un mélange . Ce sera ce qu'il convient au ton du film.

Q: Avez vous vu les costumes des Volturi. Est ce différent des livres?

Chris: C'est fidèle aux livres

Q: Les capes noirs ?

Chris: oui elles sont là . Le degré de noirceur est respecté

Q: les plateaux pour le repère des Volturi?

Chris: Je pense que ce sera intéressant pour les fans. Ca va être marrant . C'est l'un des plus gros plateaux que j'ai jamais vu . Et l'un des plus impressionnants. C'est ce qu'ils méritent . (ceux sont les Volturi) C'est un gros morceau . (ils sont pas petit ) Non (rires). Je pense que pour le tournage à Volterra , ce qu'il faut bien faire c'est la course sur la place et ça va être extraordinaire .Je suis content

Q: Filmez vous les intérieurs ici à Vancouver?

Chris: oui on les a tourné . On l'a construit car on veut les contrôler . Les extérieurs seront en Italie.

Q: La course poursuite, sera t elle plus longue ou identique?

Chris: Pas vraiment, on aura la Porsche jaune et on essayera de faire ça bien
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: [Revue de presse] Interview de Chris Weitz par fansite fridays   [Revue de presse] Interview de Chris Weitz par fansite fridays Icon_minitime1

[Revue de presse] Interview de Chris Weitz par fansite fridays
Page 1 sur 1